The Caring and Sharing Ministries is comprised of local congregations working together to make our community a great place to live. We provide ecumenical fellowship and a shared community ministry through opportunities for religious education, Vacation Bible School and local ecumenical services as well as community service such as the Carpenter’s Table, the Community Needs Fund, and The Community Food Bank.
Rev. Jeffry Dull
2930 Old Taneytown Road
Office - (410) 751-1237
Emmanuel (Baust) United Church of Christ dates its origins from the burial of a three year old boy in our cemetery, in 1765, named Henrich Klebsadel. The land for the church was donated by Valentine Baust in 1769. Baust Church, as it was called locally, began as a union church with Lutherans and German Reformed congregations worshiping in the same building. The Lutheran congregation disbanded in 2005 and the Reformed congregation, now part of the United Church of Christ, continues to worship on the site. We have a thriving congregation whose vision is a community where all people are welcomed, valued, and nurtured while growing in faith and living in peace. Our mission is to practice Jesus' radical hospitality, proclaim his message of love, peace and justice, preserve God's creation, and to accept Jesus' mission of service as our own.
Rev. Steven Ostendorf
49 W. Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD 21787, 410-756-2302. Email
In 1747, Michael Schlatter came to Taneytown as a traveling minister for the Synod of the Reformed Church in Holland to gather people into congregations and find pastors for them. Between 1756 and 1760, Rev. Steiner from Switzerland traveled from Frederick to conduct services in German under the auspices of the Reformed Church even before Taneytown existed. People often traveled twenty miles or more, packing guns to protect themselves from wild beasts and Indians. The area, known as 'Pipe Creek,' became Taneytown in 1762.
Rev. Richard Baker
20 Middle Street.
Messiah United Methodist Church is a continuation of the former Mount Pleasant United Brethren in Christ Church, which stood at the site of the present-day Mount Pleasant Cemetery, located on Route 832 (Old Taneytown Road), outside Taneytown. Messiah's mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Pastor Stan Diehl
Teeter and Ruggles Road, Taneytown, MD 21787
The Piney Cheek Church of the Brethren was founded in 1899 by Solomon Stoner and Samuel Utz. Piney Cheek was served by "free ministry" until 1946. Since then, Piney Creek has been served by 12 pastors. Our mission statement is that "we wish Piney Cheek to be God's house, a place where people meet Jesus Christ," and our mission is to continue the work of Jesus - Peacefully, Simply, Together!
Rev. John Lesnick, Pastor
44 Frederick Street. 510-756-2500
God calls the Catholics of the Archdiocese of Baltimore to be a welcoming, worshipping community of faith, hope, and love. Through his Spirit, the Lord Jesus lives in those who believe, and reaches into our world with his saving message and healing love.
Rev. Jared Pankhurst pastor
4150 Sells Mill Road - 410-756-4444
Taneytown Baptist Church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware, and the Mid-Maryland Baptist Association.
Pastor Cris Frigm
38 W. Baltimore St.
Taneytown, MD 21787
For more than two hundred fifty years the congregation now named Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Taneytown, Maryland, has been worshiping together in Word and Sacrament. Trinity is now looking ahead to how the history of faithful witness begun here can be used for the Kingdom of God and for the good of the whole community.